Daily exercise is important to maintain overall health and well-being. Now that the weather is getting colder, it may be more difficult to find the motivation to engage in physical activity. Finding things to do indoors with friends, such as pickleball, can be fun but will get your heart rate up. Exercise is beneficial to both physical and mental health. Some of the physical benefits include improvement of the cardiovascular system, managing weight, and strengthening bones/muscles. Some of the mental benefits include reduced stress and anxiety, improved cognitive function, and reduced risk of depression. Get started now on your 60 minutes of daily exercise to improve your overall well-being.
Hi April, I agree that exercise is very important for our overall health and well-being. Especially with the weather being colder, we need to emphasize warming up before physical activity before people participate in it. I like how you included the physical and mental benefits people can get from physical activity. I think it is important that you mentioned pickleball and how it can be a fun way to get exercise. This is great, especially for people with little motivation.
ReplyDeleteI definitely agree that this time of year makes getting physically active hard. I definitely would try something like pickleball with friends as a new and fun indoor activity to try. I think that staying active during this time is really important as both an outlet and a way to stay happy and healthy.
ReplyDeleteHey April this was a very insightful blog post. I think getting exercise is super important. At this time of year, it gets hard to stay active everyday. I personally struggle with having motivation to walk outside when it is cold. Once I actually get to where I am going, I feel better. I also think it is important to find a fun way of exercise, such as pickleball. I love to do pilates and yoga as a fun way to stay active indoors.
ReplyDeleteDaily exercise is so important in our lives for all of the reasons you gave and more. I like that you pointed out that it is not only good for our physical health but also for our mental health. Physical activity is a great way to better a persons life by reducing stress, and improving cognitive function like you talked about! Things like pickleball, indoor spike ball, and pickup basketball are all good ways to stay active in the winter and colder times here. A persons physical activity that they do at our age will benefit and affect their future lives when they are older and how mobile they will be.
ReplyDelete