For young adults (ages 18-25), one should average between 7-9 hours of sleep per night. If one does not meet the minimum amount of sleep for multiple days in a row, then they are at risk of negative health effects. Not enough sleep leads to poor mental health/abilities, a poor immune system, a poor cardiovascular system, etc. There are so many systems of the body that are affected by sleep deprivation. Although college may be difficult to get the proper amount of sleep, if you do, then you are going to perform better in academics and have an overall healthier self. Start today to fix your sleep schedule to improve yourself.

I think this topic is very important to talk about with high school and college students. So many students stay up late trying to study or to get all of their homework done but it really does more harm than good. I think more students needs to know that lack of sleep can affect both your physical and mental health. I think parents should try to help create a healthy sleep schedule for their kids when they are young so hopefully they will follow the pattern when they are older. Overall, sleeping is important to a healthy lifestyle.
ReplyDeleteThe concept of getting enough sleep is super important, especially for college students. Personally, I do not think I get enough sleep. I juggle classes and homework, a part time job, and other extracurricular activities. It is very hard to get a good sleep schedule while taking 18 credits and having tons of other responsibilities to tend to each day. I think most college students can agree that they could have a better sleep schedule, but for most it is not easy to do.
ReplyDeleteI agree and think that sleep is such an important topic to talk about especially with people our age. I think that sleep is something everyone should focus on and set goals for. There are so many important things that happen during sleep such as recovery and tissue repair. I always aim for a time to be in bed and asleep each night and that really helps me reach my sleep goals.
ReplyDeleteSleep is extremely important! I have learned over the years that if I don't get enough sleep regularly I am not as focused just like you said. I already have a hard time being concentrated so I don't want to add to that by not getting enough sleep. I take my sleep pretty seriously and I will voluntarily cut things out or not do something if it means I will lose out and sleep and that goes for assignments and studying too. So I have become better with my day-to-day schedule to make sure I am doing everything I need to.
ReplyDeleteHey April! Your topic is very important to tell, especially to college students about. Sometimes everyone struggles with getting enough sleep because of their homework or other things that keep them from being able to sleep. That's very interesting how much not getting enough sleep affects you. After reading this I'm going to put more importance on getting plenty of sleep.
ReplyDeleteHi April! I completely agree that you need a good sleep schedule. I can definitely tell my academic performance, and even just my motivation to do really anything decreases when I don't get a good night rest. It can be hard to keep a consistent sleep schedule for sure with balancing classes, getting work done, studying, working, and some students are athletes and have practices and have to travel.
ReplyDelete