Nutrition

 Eating healthy is a key part of maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Focusing on nutritious food options will make you feel fulfilled, overall happier mentally and physically, and support your immune system. While on a college campus, it is difficult to find meals that are healthy and easy to get. It is important to keep nutritious snack options in your dorm if you do not want to walk and get food. For example, yogurt, cheese sticks, fruit, trail mix, protein bars, etc. It's also important to stay hydrated, specifically with water. 

Comments

  1. Hi April! I agree that having healthy snacks on hand is very important in college as it is very tempting to eat junk food. I like the examples you provided for healthy snacks. I have also found the gogo squeeze and apple sauce are super easy snacks to grab on the go, as well as fruit snacks. They can also be kept in your bag for between classes as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi April! I agree that sometimes it can be very hard to find easy healthy meals on campus or off of campus! Even though they are tough to find, you can do it! Simple eggs, yogurt, or an apple are simple and easy to find! It is also very important to hydrate! Your body needs water to function and its super easy to find water on campus or anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi April! I agree, it is sometimes very difficult to find healthy options on campus. Now that I live off campus, it is much easier to buy healthier foods and have better access to them. Some of my favorite healthy snacks are cheese sticks, apples with peanut butter, protein shakes, and fruit snacks. As much as we talk about healthy food, we also need to point out that staying hydrated throughout the day is very important. Eating healthy and staying hydrated will help with cognitive function, sustaining energy, and staying awake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think eating healthy can make a big difference in how you feel both mentally and physically. It can definitely be tough to find nutritious options on campus, so keeping snacks in your dorm is a smart idea. I like the examples you gave, they’re all easy and convenient for busy students. Staying hydrated with water is also a great reminder since it’s something many of us forget throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment